Welcome to ...
Welcome to ...
"Moments to Momentum, with Scott Abbott" is a fun, informative and inspirational podcast - featuring inspirational conversations, with successful leaders from a wide-spectrum of demographics and vocations - that share their most meaningful situations, stories and events (i.e. “moments”), that they have experienced. Furthermore, how those big moments produced "momentum," that helps them succeed in their profession, and life. By having leaders share their most significant experiences - along with the lessons and advice learned - listeners gain their own “moments to momentum," as they enjoy and benefit from our guests’ personal experiences, insights and recommendations.
An important element of the podcast - is identifying and discussing what Scott calls, the "bio-mechanics" to productivity, happiness and success. In other words, using the podcast to understand and appreciate, the components and connection between the biological elements (i.e. the mind, heart, body, soul, psychology and sociology), with the mechanical elements (i.e. the strategy, tactics, systems, structure, tools, science and engineering), that it takes to effectively determine, develop, maintain and optimize consistent productivity, happiness and success: in business, work and life.
Moments to Momentum (MtM) is geared for open-minded, forward-thinking, high-achievers, of all ages and classifications - that appreciate hearing/learning from, successful leaders within business, academia, science, religion, health, government, sports, music, art and entertainment. The conversational and unedited show format/formula is simultaneously authentic, informative and endearing (frankly, the more genuine, vulnerable and raw the dialogue, the better). Scott's podcast, is appreciated for promoting teaching with learning, while being entertaining and instructional; candid and compassionate; considerate and constructive; challenging and empathetic; smart, but humble.
Moments to Momentum, with Scott Abbott is available through this website (link above), and all popular podcast services, including Spotify, iTunes & Amazon. Please enjoy, subscribe and share today.
Scott Abbott specializes in creating, building and coaching prosperous companies, leadership and growth. He has 30+ years of skills, experience and expertise launching, operating, buying, and selling successful companies. Over his career, Scott has started several tech firms, raised and helped raise over $25M+ in venture capital, personally lead teams that generate billions in sales, and hired hundreds of employees. (BTW: Scott also likes to point out, that he’s learned a lot, through many failures and a truckload of mistakes.)
As an accomplished and renowned business, leadership and growth strategist - Scott has personally worked with, advised and consulted for hundreds of companies, including startups, small, midsize and Fortune 1000 corporations. He is a finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award; Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies Award Winner; Entrepreneur in Residence at Indiana University, Kelley School of Business; and the author of numerous published articles, whitepapers, blogs and three books (to date), including The Co+Factor and the best-selling/award-winning, Level-UP to Professional. Scott is and has been, a featured keynote & sessions speaker at 100+ corporate events, civic organizations, and universities.
As for his professions and passions: Scott has the joy, honor and privilege for being a Founder & Co-Founder, Investor, Managing Partner, Board Member, Leadership Coach, Author, Speaker and a Certified Implementer™ of the Entrepreneurial Operating System [EOS]®. Additionally, Scott is also active on social media, and honored to be sharing with 20,000+ connections.
Most of all, Scott loves helping good and caring people - along with team-centric organizations - effectively learn, implement and leverage the best strategies, mechanics and principles for exceptional leadership, management and accountability: in business, work and life.
1. Guests' arrive at studio; select beverage of choice.
2. Get situated; mics on, do intro and warm-up round.
3. Your significant moment(s) & follow-on discussion.
4. Recap major lessons learned & the advice shared.
5. Wrap-up: final thoughts, comments, appreciations.
- Welcome to the show.
- How are you doing today?
- Tell us about yourself?
- Where's home? Family? Pets?
- What's your profession?
- What do you do for fun?
Warm-Up Round (Speaking of fun, the following questions are chosen by playing "5 in 10". This entails the guest spinning the wheel, to determine which set of 5 (rapid fire) questions they will be asked to answer, in 10 minutes. BTW: when the guest is not in the studio, Scott will spin the wheel on their behalf (so says him;).
- What is your favorite:
cookie, snack, beverage and meal?
- What is your favorite:
book, movie, band and song?
- What is your favorite color: What color is your car, toothbrush, bedspread, and best pajamas?
- Favorite vacation spot?
- Where do you want to vacation?
- What was your first job while in school? After school?
- What was your biggest challenge as a kid?
- Do you have any pet peeves?
- Do you have any annoying quirks?
- What motivates you? What frustrates you?
- What makes you angry? What makes you happy?
- Name 2 famous people, you want to have dinner with?
- Any celebrity crushes?
- What are your favorite hobbies?
- What is your go-to karaoke song?
- What was your favorite TV show as a kid? And today?
- What TV sitcom would you want to be on?
- What do you hate to do? Love to do?
- What would you name your yacht?
- What would you like your nickname to be?
- If you were a teacher, what would you teach?
- What do you admire the most?
- Who do you admire the most?
- Favorite sport? Favorite athlete?
- What sports did or do you play?
- How do you relax and unwind?
- Favorite superhero or movie hero, and why?
- What’s your favorite superhero power?
- Do you have a hero in real life: who and why?
- If you had to choose, would you rather fight one horse-sized duck, or ten duck-sized horses?
- Picture making yourself a PB&J: how do you put it together, and what do you eat & drink with it?
- If you were locked in jail for a week with only one person, who would it be (family not allowed)?
- What's the funniest thing that's happened recently?
- What is the biggest surprise you’ve had recently?
- What are you known for?
- What do you want to be known for?
- What other profession, would you like to attempt?
- What do you wish you had known, to start you career?
- What do you fear the most (besides bears)?
- What do you hate the most (besides spiders)?
- What are you not exceptionally good at?
- Favorite animal? Which animal would you be?
- What's a favorite word, quote, or expression?
- How do you like your ice cream: shake, cone, or bowl?
- Favorite adult-beverage (assuming you partake ;)?
- What is a fun fact about you, most people don’t know?
- If you were to learn a new skill, what would it be?
- Can you tell us your most favorite silly joke?
The Moments to Momentum Question
Q: Can you share with us one of your most meaningful, defining and noteworthy situations - you know, a specific experience, time, relationship, or event - that has made a significant impact on your life, so far? What happened, why was it so meaningful, what did you learn, how did it benefit you, and what advice or recommendations can you share? (BTW: we love to be transparent and vulnerable, so the more personal the shares, the better).
Potential Follow-Up Questions
- What are some of the biggest realizations/revelations that you can share from that situation?
- What decisions did you make, or now make, that came about from that situation?
- Everyone has good days and bad. How do you personally manage the ups and the downs?
- How do you deal with disappointment?
- What obstacles get in your way?
- Where and how does curiosity play a role in your life?
- What about change: how do you feel about change?
- What are your biggest insecurities?
- What are your biggest challenges?
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
- What misconceptions are there about you? And why?
- Where in your life do you feel misunderstood?
- What do you think makes for a great leader?
- What is your definition of (TBD)?
- Do you believe in coincidence?
- How do you define diversity, equity & inclusion?
- Any specific habits or routines that work best for you?
- How do you overcome disappointment?
- What personality trait gets you in trouble?
- It’s been said, that the cornerstones to trust are authenticity, logic and empathy: what do you think?
- How do you feel about self-awareness?
- Who has influenced you the most in life, and why?
- How do you decide and make decisions?
- What helps you get and stay focused?
- What fascinates you the most today?
- Describe what happiness looks like?
- Describe what productivity means to you?
- Do you have a favorite quote? What is it?
- Do you have a personal mantra, or an individual purpose, mission or vision statement?
- What's one thing you should start or stop doing, to help you be a better version of yourself?
- If you had 1-3 suggestions, for all the good people listening to the show, what would those be?
- Where can our listeners connect with you?
* Episode notes, including links to guests' featured information, will be posted to the podcast channels.
Great news! You can play your own version of "Moments to Momentum" at work and home (albeit without Scott). This is a great way to have fun, while getting to know more about your family, friends and colleagues. To play, simply print the PDF below (or read from your your mobile device), and take turns asking each other the questions from the show. Give it go, and enjoy!
21 S. Rangeline Road #200, Carmel, IN 46032. Located on the the SE corner of Main and Rangeline in downtown Carmel. Use parking lots in front or behind building, but do not park in designated spaces. Enter by back stairs or front/back doors between California Closets and Tattoo Parlor, to 2nd floor.
Copyright © 2020 Moments to Momentum, with Scott Abbott. All Rights Reserved.