Welcome to ...
Welcome to ...
"Moments to Momentum, with Scott Abbott" is a fun, entertaining and informative talk show - featuring inspirational conversations, with successful leaders from a wide-spectrum of demographics and vocations - that share their most meaningful situations, stories and events (i.e. “moments”), that they have experienced. Furthermore, how those big moments produced "momentum," that helps them succeed in their profession, and life. By having leaders share their most significant experiences - along with the lessons and advice learned - listeners gain their own “moments to momentum," as they enjoy and benefit from our guests’ personal experiences, insights and recommendations.
An important element of the show - is identifying and discussing what Scott calls, the "bio-mechanics" to productivity, happiness and success. In other words, using the show to understand and appreciate, the components and connection between the biological elements (i.e. the mind, heart, body, soul, psychology and sociology), with the mechanical elements (i.e. the strategy, tactics, systems, structure, tools, science and engineering), that it takes to effectively determine, develop, maintain and optimize consistent productivity, happiness and success: in business, work and life.
Moments to Momentum (MtM) is geared for open-minded, forward-thinking, high-achievers, of all ages and classifications - that appreciate hearing/learning from, successful leaders within business, academia, science, religion, health, government, sports, music, art and entertainment. The conversational and unedited show format/formula is simultaneously authentic, informative and endearing (frankly, the more genuine, vulnerable and raw the dialogue, the better). Scott and the show, are appreciated for promoting teaching with learning, while being entertaining and instructional; candid and compassionate; considerate and constructive; challenging and empathetic; smart, but humble.
Moments to Momentum, with Scott Abbott is available on all of the popular video and podcast services, including Spotify, iTunes, Amazon and YouTube. Please listen, subscribe and share today.
Scott Abbott specializes in creating, building and coaching prosperous companies, leadership and growth. He has 30+ years of skills, experience and expertise launching, operating, buying, and selling successful companies. Over his career, Scott has started several tech firms, raised and helped raise over $25M+ in venture capital, personally lead teams that generate billions in sales, and hired hundreds of employees. (BTW: Scott also likes to point out, that he’s learned a lot, through many failures and a truckload of mistakes.)
As an accomplished and renowned business, leadership and growth strategist - Scott has personally worked with, advised and consulted for hundreds of companies, including startups, small, midsize and Fortune 1000 corporations. He is a finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award; Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies Award Winner; Entrepreneur in Residence at Indiana University, Kelley School of Business; and the author of numerous published articles, whitepapers, blogs and three books (to date), including The Co+Factor and the best-selling/award-winning, Level-UP to Professional. Scott is and has been, a featured keynote & sessions speaker at 100+ corporate events, civic organizations, and universities.
As for his professions and passions: Scott has the joy, honor and privilege for being a Founder & Co-Founder, Investor, Managing Partner, Board Member, Leadership Coach, Author, Speaker and a Certified Implementer™ of the Entrepreneurial Operating System [EOS]®. Additionally, Scott is also active on social media, and honored to be sharing with 20,000+ connections.
Most of all, Scott loves helping good and caring people - along with team-centric organizations - effectively learn, implement and leverage the best strategies, mechanics and principles for exceptional leadership, management and accountability: in business, work and life.
1. Guest's arrive at studio; select beverage of choice.
2. Get situated; mics on, do intro and warm-up round.
3. Your significant moment(s) & follow-on discussion.
4. Recap major lessons learned & the advice shared.
5. Wrap-up: final thoughts, comments, appreciations.
- Welcome to the show.
- How are you doing today?
- Tell us about yourself?
- Where's home? Family?
- What's your profession?
- Where do you work?
- What do you do for fun?
Warm-Up Round (Speaking of fun, the following questions are chosen by playing "5 in 10". This entails the guest spinning the wheel, to determine which set of 5 questions they will be asked to answer, in 10 minutes. BTW: when the guest is not actually in the studio, Scott will spin the wheel on their behalf (as far as they know ;).
- What was your biggest challenge as a kid?
- What was your favorite thing to do as a kid?
- What was your first job out of school?
- What is your all-time favorite:
cookie, snack, beverage & meal
- What is your all-time favorite:
book, movie, musical & song?
- Do you have any pet peeves?
- Do you have any annoying quirks?
- What color is your toothbrush?
- Name 2-3 famous people, that you would cherish having dinner with? Any celebrity crushes?
- What are your favorite hobbies?
- What's your go-to karaoke song?
- What T.V. sitcom would you want to be on?
- What do you hate to do? Love to do?
- What would you name your yacht?
- What would you like your nickname to be?
- If you were a teacher, what would you teach?
- If you could learn a new skill, what would it be?
- What do you admire the most?
- Who do you admire the most?
- What motivates you?
- What frustrates you?
- What makes you angry?
- What makes you happy?
- How do you relax and unwind?
- Favorite superhero or movie hero, and why?
- Do you have a hero in real life: who and why?
- If you had to choose (and you must), would you rather fight one horse-sized duck, or ten duck-sized horses?
- Picture making a PB&J: how do you put it together; what goes first, and what do you eat & drink with it?
- If you were stranded for a week with only one person, who would it be (family members are not allowed)?
- The funniest thing that happened to you recently?
- What are you known for?
- What do you want to be known for?
- What motivates you? What bothers you?
- Describe what happiness looks like?
- What do you fear the most (besides bears)?
- What do you hate the most (and you can't say spiders)
- What's your favorite animal - and which animal do you think would make the best president, and why?
- What's your favorite word, expression or exclamation?
- What was your favorite TV show as a kid? And today?
- How do you like your ice cream: shake, cone or bowl?
- Favorite adult beverage (assuming you partake ;)?
- Can you tell us your most favorite silly (dad) joke?
- If you had a hashtag to represent yourself, or what you stand for, and/or motivates you, what would that be?
The Moments to Momentum Question
Q: Can you share with us one of your most meaningful, defining and noteworthy situations - you know, a specific experience, time, relationship, or event - that has made a significant impact on your life, so far? What happened, why was it so meaningful, what did you learn, how did it benefit you, and what advice or recommendations can you share? (BTW: we love to get/be vulnerable, so the more personal and intimate the shares, the better).
Potential Add-In & Add-On Questions
- What are some of the biggest realizations and revelations that you can share from that situation?
- What decisions did you make, or now make, that came about from that situation? How did/do you decide?
- Everyone has good days and bad. How do you personally manage the ups and the downs?
- How do you prepare?
- How do you prioritize?
- How do you deal with disappointment?
- What obstacles get in your way?
- Where and how does curiosity play a role in your life?
- What about change: how do you feel about change?
- What are your biggest insecurities?
- What are your biggest challenges?
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
- What misconceptions are there about you?
- Where in your life do you feel misunderstood?
- What do you wish you could stop doing and/or start doing today, that would make you better?
- Define spirituality, and where's it fit in your world?
- Can you share examples of (TBD)?
- What do you think makes for a great leader?
- What do you think makes for great manager?
- Do you think it’s best to be cynical, optimistic or pragmatic when setting goals and expectations?
- What’s your definition of (TBD)?
- Do you believe in coincidence?
- How do you define diversity & inclusion?
- Any specific habits or routines that work best for you?
- How do you overcome disappointment?
- What personality trait gets you in trouble?
- It's been said that the cornerstones to trust are authenticity, logic and empathy: what do you think, and why do you think trust is difficult for most people?
- Who has influenced you the most in life, and why?
- How do you decide and make decisions?
- What helps you get and stay focused?
- What fascinates you the most today?
- Describe what productivity means to you?
- The world - on both a local and global level - seems extremely chaotic and complicated, these days. Do you see our challenges, as opportunities? And are there any issues in particular, that you're passionate about?
- What do you regret the most?
- Do you have a favorite quote? What is it?
- Do you have a personal mantra, or some type of individual purpose, mission or vision statement?
- What's one thing that you think you should start or stop doing, to help you be a better version of yourself?
- If you had three wishes, for all of the good people listening to the show, what would those wishes be?
- Where can our listeners connect with you?
- That's a wrap: thanks for being on the show!
* Applicable show notes, including links to guests and featured information, will be posted to our website.
21 S. Rangeline Road #200, Carmel, IN 46032. Located on the the SE corner of Main and Rangeline in downtown Carmel. Use parking lots in front or behind building, but do not park in designated spaces. Enter by back stairs or front/back doors between California Closets and Tattoo Parlor, to 2nd floor.
Copyright © 2020 Moments to Momentum, with Scott Abbott. All Rights Reserved.